Wednesday 11 April 2012

WIP Wednesday

Hoping everyone had an enjoyable Easter. Last week I mention that LM was going for surgery so I wanted to let you know that it when well and she is recovering quickly and is back at daycare this week.  The first couple of day she was very moody but that is to be expected.

Nothing like a deadline to get one moving, Easter Monday was the last day to enter quilt into the Heritage Park quilt show (non judged, fun show). After filling out the form to enter my red and white quilt, I started quilting it. Just doing some simple stitch in the ditch and it's going very quickly.

Before I set up my sewing machine for quilting I finished another 2 Farmers Wife blocks so still make steady progress on this. The first one not as dark as it looks in the photo.

Monday night was a work on your own thing night for guild so I was looking for a simple hand project I could take when I came across these Xmas ornaments that I had stitched the first one (red hat) some time ago and traced out the second one, so this was the perfect quick project to take.  I was planning on doing back stitch so they would be the same but found myself doing steam stitch. I think I prefer it as I find it so much faster.
Here is last week progress

1. Red and While - started quilting
2. Jungle - no progress
3. Floral quilt- no progress
4. Farmer's Wife - 2 blocks
5. Xmas ornaments - stitched most of one
6. Tall stitchery - no progress
7. Guild BOM - no progress
8. Growth chart - no progress
9. Jar table runner - no progress

Stats
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 1
In progress - 9

To see what other are working on check out WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments: